Thursday 5 November 2009

First Preliminary Task

For our first attempt of creating a short piece of footage, we were told to get into groups of three and produce 'a journey'. My group consisted of Mattie, Ellen and myself.

We began by discussing ideas we could do, and brainstorming any aspects we could incorporate into our piece. After our discussion we clarrified that we shall film a journey of myself running to a toilet, in need of going to the toilet.

We began the filming with a medium shot aimed centrally at a cart. Mattie then walked across the shot where he chucked a piece of rubbish into the cart. I then popped my head out of the cart and quickly scooted out of it. Our short film then chaged to a high angle shot. The shot was looking down onto the cart and specifically filmed the section where I jumped out and ran off towards the toilet. This high angle shot made it seem as if my character was being watched and this was confirmed with my jittery, rushed movements.

The next shot was a worms eye. It filmed myself running along the corridor and over the camera. This was a great contrast to the high angle shot used just before and showed my character's movements from a different perspective. Next to this shot we created a few medium shots. The first of many consisted of myself running past a centrally positioned male toilet door. The next was a same positioned woman's one, where my character run inside it, and run back out again after making many girls screem in the toilet. The final medium shot, also the final shot altogether was where my character finally made it into the correct toilet and pushed a person urinating out the way to go to the toilet. These medium shots helped to gain a little comical element to the film, through them centrally showing the genders of each of the toilets; and my own character running past or in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment